- In order to make the staircases safer:
- The treads should not be slippery. A rubber strip or grooves at the front edge of the tread help lessen the slickness
- The handrail helps to keep balance.
- An open staircase must have safety slats.
- Make sure that the staircase is properly illuminated. Also two-way light switches are good to use.
- Make sure there are no unnecessary things on the staircase that would make it easy to stumble on.
- If there are small children in the house, we advise you to install the child safety gate that will help avoid the child wandering on the staircase unsupervised.